Common Interview Questions
So what am I going to be asked? There are literally tens of thousands of questions that someone could ask you. And of course, every company and every interview is different. But here is a list of some common questions:
- Why will you be successful in this profession?
- Why do you want to work for…?
- Why should we hire you?
- What in your background prepares you to work for…?
- How will your job contribute to the overall goals of your team and this company?
- What do you think you are going to be doing as an.working for…??
- What do you hope to be doing in five years?
- How do you feel about what you.ve accomplished so far?
- How do you work under pressure? Can you give me some examples?
- What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?
- What do your references say about you?
- In your last internship, what tasks did you spend most of your time on and why?
- Have you ever had your work or your suggestions criticized or attacked? How did you react?
- What have you done that shows initiative?
- How did your last boss or a professor maximize your potential?
- Explain your role in a team.
- Tell me a story. (NOTE: This question is out of left field but it can be meant to test your analytical ability. If you immediately launch into a tale you might come off looking like someone who doesn't think things through. Instead, ask the interviewer some questions before beginning. A good one to start with is “What would you like me to tell a story about?”)
- Define cooperation.
- Explain an event that challenged and changed you. Do you think your reaction to the event was different from others?
- What types of decisions or jobs give you trouble?
- What skills do you need to improve upon the most?
- See that lamp over in the corner of the room? Sell it to me.
- How did you get your summer jobs?
- What classes have you taken that apply best to this job?
Common Questions for a Consulting Applicant?
- How many manholes are there in the United States?
- If you have 500 head of cattle, what is the most efficient way to transport them across the country and why?
No Login? Register for a free account
Interested in applying for VR&E services?